Measurement & Allocation
Measurement, audit and allocation of hydrocarbons and emissions is another key area where we can add value by ensuring that measurement systems are designed, operated and maintained to meet regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
This often involves reviewing measurement system uncertainties taking account of instrumentation accuracies, turndown effects and calibration intervals.
Hydrocarbon and Environmental Emissions
Accurate and traceable measurement and allocation with that promotes transparency is essential for good business to ensure legal compliance and environmental performance whilst protecting revenues and reputation.
PI’s experienced and dynamic measurement and allocation team offers a full and truly independent measurement and allocation capability that provides the necessary assurance and confidence to customers.
PI can provide professional and independent expertise and consultancy in the following areas of flow measurement and hydrocarbon allocation:
- Fiscal and Allocation Measurement
- EU ETS Measurement (Fuel, Flare & Diesel)
- Multiphase Measurement
- Well Testing Measurement
- Sampling and Analysis
- Analysers – Water-in-oil, Chromatographs, H2S, etc.
- Mis-measurement Reporting and Analysis
- Hydrocarbon Allocation Development / Reviews / Operation.
- Auditing of Measurement and Allocation Systems.
- Operational and Maintenance Strategy Reviews
- Technology Evaluations, i.e. flow computing systems
- Meter Selection
- Project Management
- FAT’s, Commissioning and SAT’s
- Third Party and Regulator Liaison
- Pre-FEED conceptual measurement solutions and allocation / reporting philosophies to ensure it meets : Governmental regulations both for hydrocarbon and ETS / Accepted standards and Commercial requirements and is also a practical fit for purpose solution.
- FEED documentation preparation for Measurement/ Sampling / Allocation systems.
- QA checking details of final design to ensure it meets all the requirements defined above.
- Guidance on measurement techniques (by keeping abreast of latest techniques for such things as Carbon Capture Recovery, LNG, CNG).
- Support to clients for Metering Management capability (metering support engineers, metering technicians, etc.).
- Auditing capability for metering and allocation systems.
- Uncertainty Studies.
- CFD Studies
- Project and commissioning capability for metering and allocation systems.
- Technical Author – PON 6, Measurement Manuals including maintenance / calibration and operation procedures.
- Measurement Operational Excellence